No, we haven't had another baby. The newest member of the "real ashby" clan is.......believe it or not......Tovey!!! Last month I got a phone call from his brother. He tells me that Tovey broke his arm and that he was getting an ambulence ride off the mountain (from snow skiing) to the hospital. Yea right. They called me last year telling me the same thing only they weren't really going to the hospital and Tovey had only sprained his arm. So naturally I put my finger on the 'end call' button just in case I had to prematurely end the phone call. It took him a few minutes of persuading until I actually believed what he was saying.
So as it ends up, I met them in Salt Lake City (an hour and a half away) to find my husband with his arm in this chinese finger trap thing in the emergency room and a very pale arm that had not yet met it's doom aka: the process of re-setting the bone.
Thanks by-the-way to my sister-in-law who came and got my kids for the day! You're awsome!
Poor guy. The very first of the ski season and my hubby breaks his wrist. Doc says he's out for the season and that the soonest his wrist will be ready would be March..... To make matters worse, this was a Thursday and we got a great snow storm that following Monday....and several days since. He's feeling pretty bumbed about it. Fortunately, there were no other injuries and he was wearing his helmet so when he fell off the box rail he didn't crack his head too.
The reason that he's an official Ashby now is that this is his very first broken bone ever. Kind of a bitter sweet event; but he was the only one of this siblings that hasn't broken a bone. So now it's official: He is truely one of the "Crashby Ashby" clan. And he may have a future in the construction business as a flagger with his bright orange cast!
Side note: I considered wrapping myself in bubble wrap for the rest of the year because I'm the only one of our little family who hasn't had an emergency room visit this year......but I made it through without any mishaps.....just a broken nail.
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I didn't know you had a blog! But I'm glad I found it. :)
Post a Comment