Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Egg Soup in a Tub
So I had one of those moments where I think to myself......'I NEVER thought I'd be doing this when I had kids.' I was fishing pieces of egg shell and it's hard-boiled counter-part out of the kid's bath water. Yup.....egg. Not exactly the bath toy you'd imagine your kids wanting. Well, Haley is obsessed with holding eggs. She will scream and cry over it. Then she tries to get one by climbing up the fridge shelves. Of course what always follows is a puddle of eggish goo on the floor. So, I decided to hard boil one for her and it happened to be on bath day. She was cuddling it like it was a baby and had it wrapped in a hot-pad blanked. Just to keep the peace I hard boiled one for Kadence too. They were having the best time with them. But, as bath time progressed one egg got a crack in the shell. Then the other one. I turned my back to get the towels and when I turned around again, the kids had started shelling the eggs. I guess there was no real harm done and it was cheap entertainment. The only bad part was trying to fish out the pieces so they wouldn't clog the drain. Still, it was definately one of those things not even the most imaginative person can dream up of when thinking of strange things that may come up as a parent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi!! I have been trying to find your blog for a long time! You are so funny. Your kids sound adorable. And BTW, you are such a cool mom!
Post a Comment