Thursday, January 29, 2009

You might be a mom if.......

So I totally had one of those "you might be a mom if......" moments. It's also categorized as one of those "didn't picture myself doing this after becoming a mom" moments. The sad thing is that this story doesn't even involve my kids except the fact that I was trying to finish what I was doing before starting the bedtime ritual. Come on, seriously; it takes FOREVER to get these monkies to bed! And if I didn't finish my project before we started, it wasn't likely to happen that night at all.

There I was using a super sharp Cutco knife to do something that shouldn't even be done with a knife in the first place. I origionally started loading the dish washer & came across a secondary project. Ya know, a project withing a project thing that always makes me end up half finished with a zillion different things and completely finished with absolutely NONE of them. Anyway, since I was hanging over a kitchen sink already the knife was very convenient. Well, with my rippling bicepts in action, I over did it & swoosh went the knife right into my hand.....ouch! So that project was put away for a bit. Well, you might be a mom if......you hold your bleeding hand over the sink & finish loading the dishwasher before going to get a bandage.

Now here's the "you might be an Ashby" part of the story. After I got it to mostly stop bleeding I tried to get a picture of it to show off. It was deep to the naked eye but my camera with a not-so-good zoom made it look like a woosy scratch. So sorry to disappoint, but there will be no images for your viewing satisfaction.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

You are too funny! Such a mom thing! And those knives are SUPER sharp...are you okay? I love your posts...some people have a great talent of writing, and you are one of them! I feel like I just ramble on and on when I post on my blog...and when I leave comments! :)

Anyway...hope things are great!